TipSoft Anonymous Tip System

The Village of Fontana Police Department is partnering with the Walworth County Crime Stoppers to bring an anonymous tip system called TipSoft to the Village of Fontana. TipSoft will allow community members to anonymously provide tips to the Village of Fontana Police Department either online or by text message. Those wishing to provide a tip by text message will be able to do so by sending a text to 274637 (CRIMES) with the agency keyword “TIP4WC” and an attached message.

Tips will also be able to be sent online by clicking on the “Submit a Tip” TipSoft link that will be found below as well as the Village of Fontana Police Department’s Facebook page. Once the tip is submitted, it will be sorted and then directed to the Village of Fontana Police Department.

We look forward to receiving your tips, but remember if there is an emergency, always dial 911 so that Police and Emergency Services can respond as quickly as possible!

Submitting a tip using a cell phone:

Text your tip to 274637 (CRIMES).
Start your message with the agency keyword “TIP4WC” (agency key word) plus your message. Standard rates may apply.

Submitting a tip using the web:

Click on this Submit a Tip link.
Fill out the form and submit your crime tip.
Tips submitted through these methods are encrypted, entirely confidential, completely anonymous, and are immediately and securely transmitted.

Crime Stoppers

If you need police attention, please call the Village of Fontana Police Department directly at (262) 275-2275 (Emergency 911). If you would like to report information anonymously, you may call (262) 275-2275 or contact Crime Stoppers:
Walworth County Crime Stoppers
P.O. Box 33
Elkhorn, WI 53121
Tip Line: (262) 741- 7867 (STOP)
Fax: (262) 741-4616


One of the most dramatic increases in crimes is of a financial nature, specifically, identity theft. Identity theft occurs when someone obtains a person’s identifying information, such as name, address, date of birth, social security number, or mother’s maiden name. Using this information illegally, someone can open new credit card accounts, drain your bank accounts, purchase vehicles, apply for loans, open utility services, etc. Identity theft is the fastest growing crime in America. Is it the number one consumer fraud complaint with over ten million victims each year. The FPD has taken a number of complaints regarding these types of crimes.

What To Do If You Are A Victim
  • Contact the fraud departments of the three major credit bureaus.
  • Request that a “fraud alert” be placed on your file and include a statement that creditors must get your permission before any new accounts are opened in your name. The three major credit bureaus are: EQUIFAX 1-800-525-6285; EXPERIAN 1-888-397-3742; and TRANS UNION 1-800-680-7289.
  • Contact all the creditors involved. Let them know that your account may have been used without your permission, or that new accounts have been opened in your name.
  • File a police report. Get a copy of the report to submit to your creditors and others that may require proof of a crime.
  • Contact the Federal Trade Commission. The FTC can assist you with additional information and maintains a database of identity theft cases for use by law enforcement agencies. File a fraud report with them by calling the Identity Theft hotline at 1-877-438-4338 or go to
  • Keep a record of your contacts. Start a file with copies of your credit reports, police report, any additional correspondence, and copies of disputed bills.

The FPD has an excellent ID theft handbook available. Copies are usually available at the PD, Village Hall and the Library.