Job Opportunity: Village of Fontana Fire Department
Fontana Fire Department is establishing a Fire Fighter/EMT and Paramedic eligibility list for future employment opportunity. Fontana Fire Department covers the Villages of Fontana and Williams Bay providing service for approximately 4000 full time residents with a large seasonal increase. Fontana Fire Department responds to approximately 600 emergency calls per year between the two communities served. Full-time Staffing for three 24-hour FF/EMT or FF/Paramedics per 24-hour shift supplemented with part time and paid on call staff. Starting annual pay-fulltime $47,915.00 to 56,980.00 , or hourly rates between ($18.50 and $22.00 per hour), depending on certification level at time of hire.
Fulltime Employee Schedule and Benefits
• State of Wisconsin Firefighter Pension System
• Health and Dental Insurance
• Paid Vacation and Sick time
• Schedules – 24 hours on, 48 hours off with 13-14 Kelly shifts per year OR two 24 hour shifts per week.
Fontana Fire Department was established in 1930 and is complimented by a 2014 Pierce ladder 75′ Quint, a 2000 Pierce Lance, a 2007 Rosenbauer/Central States, a 2016 3500 Chevy brush truck, and two ALS ambulances. We also provide two boats for responses on Geneva Lake in Walworth County and we assist our neighboring departments under the MABAS agreements in place.
• Wisconsin Firefighter I Certification
• Wisconsin EMT-A or Paramedic License
• Valid WI Driver’s License
• Emergency Vehicle Operator Certification (CEVO, EVOC)
• Successfully pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen & background check
• At least 18 years of age
• Wisconsin Paramedic License
• ACLS, PALS Certifications
• Driver/Operator-Pumper Certification
• Driver/Operator-Aerial Certification
• Wisconsin Firefighter II Certification
• Wisconsin Fire Inspector Certification
• Wisconsin Fire Officer I Certification
For more information and applications, please visit the village of Fontana website. villageoffontana.com
Or this link : https://vi.fontana.wi.gov/wp-content/uploads/VOF-Job-Application-Fillable.pdf
If you have any questions, please contact the Fontana Fire Department at: 1(262) 275-2131 during normal business hours Monday- Friday (0800-1600).
Village of Fontana Fire Department Job Opportunity Flyer